Dr. Mauricio Fonseca
Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Traumatology
Post Graduate Studies
Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina, Buenos Aires (March 2010 – December 2013)
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Specialization Program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Traumatology
- Residency Program
- Chief Resident (2013)
Universidad de Costa Rica. San José, Costa Rica (February 2016)
- Specialization Degree Equivalence #793-131.
Colegio Cirujanos Dentistas de Costa Rica (May 2016)
- Specialization Recognition Certification in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for Costa Rica.
LMU Klinik un Poliklinik für Mund-, Keifer- und Gesichtschirugie. Munich, Germany. (April – June
- AOCMF Center Fellowship program.
Universidad Latina. San José, Costa Rica (January 2001 – April 2006)
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Degree Granted: License Degree in Dentistry
- Professional Mention: Doctor in Dental Surgery
Universidad Nacional de Rosario. Santa Fe, Argentina (September 2014)
Faculty of Dentistry
- Official Recognition and equivalence of Dental Degree in Argentina(Res. No. 472/2014)
- ACOMS 15th Annual Hands-on Facial Cosmetic Surgery Course. American Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons. Louisiana State University. New Orleans, LA. Feb 8-9, 2020.
- International Symposium on Advanced Dentistry. Harvard School of Dental Medicine. Boston, MA. USA. June 3-5, 2019
- ICOMS Rio. International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. May 1- 4, 2019.
- ICOI Central America Symposium. ICOI. San Jose, Costa Rica. Feb 28 – Mar 2, 2019.
- BLS Basic Life Support (Recertification). February 21st, 2019. CIMA Hospital San Jose. Costa Rica.
- Arnett Orthognathic Surgery Forum. January 23-26, 2019. Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort. California, USA.
- Basic Periodontal – Implant Surgery Course. Seoul International University, School of Dentistry. December 2nd, 2018. Seoul, South Korea.
- Comprehensive Implant Course. Global Academy of Osseointegration Training Center. GAO. December 1-3, 2018. Seoul, South Korea.
- AOCMF Regional Masters Course—Challenges and Controversies in Orthognathic Surgery with Anatomical Specimens. Duration: 16h. Credits: 13. Depuy Synthes Training Facilities. Feb. 24-25, 2018. Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
- Dr. Joseph Choukroun a-PRF e i-PRF Protocol. Duration: 8h. Credits: 6 (recertification CCDCR). Wyndham Garden Hotel. May 28, 2016. San José, Costa Rica.
- Principles of Operative Treatment of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction. AO North America. Duration: 16h. Credits: 13.25 AMA PRI Cat I. Sept. 10-11 2016. Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel. Orlando, FL. USA.
Fonseca Maxilofacial, San José, Costa Rica.
- Private practice exclusive to oral maxillofacial surgery and high complexity implantology.
- Owner and Primary OMFS
- January 2015 to date
Universidad Latina de Costa Rica. San José.
- Clinical Practice Instructor for Oral Surgery and Exodontia.
- January 2021 – Present.
- Interdisciplinary Relationships II. ESPE-23. Specialization in Endodontics.
- March 2018 – Present
Face & Jaw, Dr. Esteban Alvarado León.
- Private Practice focused on DentoFacial Deformities.
- April 2015 – Present
- Spanish: Native
- English: Both written and spoken proficiency
- French: Basic Comprehension
GROUPS AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- National Dental Association of Costa Rica (CCDCR). September 2006 – Present
- -National Dental Association of Argentina (AOA). 2010 – Present
- Argentinian Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Traumatology (SACyTBMF). 2010 – Present
- Latin American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ALACIBU). 2012 – Present
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (IAOMS). 2012 – Present
- AO CMF 2011 – Present
- Costa Rica Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Academy. 2016-present. Sitting Vice-President.