Colina Dental Professionals
When you choose Colina Dental, you’ll receive more than just exceptional dental care at truly affordable prices. You’ll receive our Colina Concierge Service and our assurance of personalized, attentive care throughout your visit to our Costa Rica offices.
A company is defined by the quality of its people. At Colina Dental, we are proud of our diverse team of experienced dental professionals, dentists and doctors that have made Colina Dental a recognized leader in Costa Rica dental care and global dental tourism for more than 40 years.
Dr. Maricarmen Gutierrez –
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Dr. Oscar Conejo –
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Dr. Tatiana Madrigal –
Colina Dental team member since 2003
Specialist in Periodontics, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México, 1998.
Master in Science, U.A.N.L. México 1998.
- Professor and Head Chairwoman: Universidad Latina 1999 – 2005
- Training Course in Oral Implantology 2010
- Professor of Periodontics at Universidad Latina de Costa Rica.
- Doctor in dental surgery, Universidad de Costa Rica. 1993.
- Member of Colegio Cirujano Dentistas.
- Recognized by Costa Rican Board of Dentistry.
- Member of ICOI (International Congress of Oral implantologist
Dr. Rebeca Phillips –
General Dentistry and Oral Surgery
With 8 years of experience in General Dentistry and Oral Surgery, Dr. Phillips became a part of Colina Dental team.
- M.B.A / Management Universidad Hispanoamericana, Costa Rica 2015-2017
- Licentiate / Dentistry Universidad Latina de Costa Rica 2008- 2012 .
- Member of Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas since 2013
- Oral Surgery Internship Universidad de Costa Rica 2014
- Mini residence in Oral Implantology (Implant Direct) Costa Rica 2017
Dr. Mauricio Fonseca Diaz
Post Graduate Studies
Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina, Buenos Aires (March 2010 – December 2013)
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Specialization Program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Traumatology
- Residency Program
- Chief Resident (2013)
Dr. Claire Arnould
Colina Dental team member since 2011
Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Lille, France. 2004-2010.
- Title recognized and equated by the University of Costa Rica. 2013
- Diploma in Orthodontics and Dento-Facial Orthopedics, Paris, France. 2009-2011.
- Member of the College of Dental Surgeons of France.
- Member of the College of Dental Surgeons of Costa Rica.
- Trilingual: French, Spanish, English.
Dr. Ana Graciela Varela Valverde
Intercontinental University, Mexico City. Master of Orthodontics, 2015-2017. Graduation with honorable mention. Member of the American Orthodontic Association Latin University. San Pedro Headquarters. Bachelor of Dentistry. 2013.
- Course on “Rehabilitation and functional aesthetics”. Academia DaVincis Dental Center, Dr. Delfín Barquero 2014.
- Saint Francis College. Bachelor of Secondary Education. Saint Joseph. 2007
Dr. Gabriela Oviedo – Pediatric Dentistry
- General Dentistry, Universidad Latina
- Internship – Pediatric Dentistry. Universidad Andres Bello de Chile
- Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry – Pontificia Universidad Javeriana de Colombia
Dr. Gabriela Sibaja – Patient Coordinator
- Graduated in 2007 as a Doctor in Dentist Surgery from Universidad Latina de Costa
- Member of the Costa Rican Board of Dentistry.
- In 2011 she completed the Implant Dentistry Training Program from ULACIT, accredited by the University of Miami, ICOI and the Costa Rican College of Dentistr.
- Active member of the Implant Prosthodontic Section of the ICOI, the IPS.
- Worked from 2009- 2021 in a private practice as a treating dentist and at the same time as a coordinator
of international patients.
Dr. Tatiana Cárdenas – Endodontist
- Endodontics – Universidad Latina de Costa Rica. 2012-2014
- Doctor of Dental Surgery
- Universidad Latina de Costa Rica. 2002-2008
- Private Practice/December 2013-Present: In charge of the diagnosis and execution of conventional and surgical procedures in the field of Endodontics.
Dr. Luisana Echandi – Prosthodontist
- Dr. Luisana Echandi is an accomplished dental professional with more than 12 years of experience. She graduated from dental school at Universidad Latina de Costa Rica in 2010, where she was valedictorian of her class.
- Specialty in Prosthodontics. Louisiana State University 2011 – 2014.
- Implant Surgical Program – Misch International Implant Institute, Florida. 2013
- Prosthodontic Externship Program -University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry. 2010
Dr. Belén Barrantes – Prosthodontist
- Master in Prosthodontics
- 8+ years of experience
- Professional Master’s Degree in Prosthodontics. Universidad de Costa Rica – 2022
- Dentistry Bachelor’s degree and Doctor in
- Dental Surgery. 2015 – Universidad de Costa Rica, best grade of Dentistry in 2015
Dr. Julián Conejo Gutiérrez – Prosthodontist
Dr. Julian Conejo was part of the Colina Dental team from 2009 to 2015.
He is currently the president of the department of Digital Dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania.
We count with his collaboration at all times in terms of training, digital technology and everything related to the latest advances in modern dentistry.
He is also the Director of Colina’s Laboratory, Perlas de Porcelana.