Colina Dental Professionals
When you choose Colina Dental, you’ll receive more than just exceptional dental care at truly affordable prices. You’ll receive our Colina Concierge Service and our assurance of personalized, attentive care throughout your visit to our Costa Rica offices.
A company is defined by the quality of its people. At Colina Dental, we are proud of our diverse team of experienced dental professionals, dentists and doctors that have made Colina Dental a recognized leader in Costa Rica dental care and global dental tourism for more than 35 years.
Dr. Julian Conejo Gutierrez – Prosthodontist
Even the most beautiful smile can appear worn and faded by the years.
Colina Dental is fortunate to have Dr. Julian Conejo, a leading, globally recognized prosthodontist specializing in the replacement of missing teeth and the restoration of damaged or worn natural teeth.
Patients from around the world travel to Colina Dental in Costa Rica to receive treatment from Dr. Conejo. Fluent in Spanish, English and German languages, Dr. Conejo is a favorite among international patients seeking a truly natural smile.View Complete Bio
Dr. Oscar Conejo – Endodontics
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Doctor of Dental Surgery. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (1976)
Daily practice in restorative Endodontics and preventive dentistry.
Member of the College of Dentists of Costa Rica since 1980.
- ENDODONTICS Advanced Course. ULACIT 2011.
- MICROSCOPIC ENDODONTICS Course. 2007.
- Refresher Course in Endodontics. Veritas University 2004.
- NATIONAL SENIOR TENNIS CHAMPION 2012
- Competitor Senior World Tennis Tournament (2009 – 2012)
- National Tennis Champion (Category A) 1980
Dr. Maricarmen Gutierrez – Cosmetic Dentistry
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Esthetic Dentistry: Brazilian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (ABOE): 2004
Oral Implant Rehabilitation: Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología de Costa Rica: 2006
- Member of Costa Rica College of Dentists since 1980
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry: 2006
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists- Emphasis- Prosthodontics. Doctor of Dental Surgery- Universidad de Guadalajara, México- 1975
- Creator & Founder of Dental Hygienist and Dental Assistants
Program at ULACIT
- Leader in the local community.
- Frequents the gym and loves swimming.
Dr. Mauricio A. Clare Castro – Prosthodontist
Since the beginning of his dental training, Dr. Clare’s passion has been to help restore or create fantastic smiles for his patients.
This passion has led him to specialize in implants and complex restorations allowing him to resolve dental issues both big and small, all with incredible results.
Dr. Clare is an active member in good standing of both the Costa Rican College of Dental Surgeons and the Colombian Prostodontics Association and has been published numerous times on topics relating to implantology and complex restorations.
Dr. John Gillen – Prosthodontist
Colina Dental team member since 2013
Specialist in Prosthodontics, Universidad de Chile.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery. Universidad Latina de Costa Rica 2000-2005.
- Specialist in Oral Rehabilitation (Prostodontics). Universidad de Chile 2010-2012.
- Professional Training in Implant Surgery. Universidad de Chile 2012.
- Professional Training in Contemporary and Aesthetic Dentistry. University of Minnesota 2008.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Fixed Prosthodontics. Universidad de Chile 2011.
- Professional Training in Cerec (CAD CAM) Technology.
- Multidisciplinary Approach For Implant Patients Harvard School of Dental Medicine -2016
Dr. Ana Lucia – Pediatric Dentistry
Colina Dental team member since 2016
Specialist in pediatric dentistry, dedicated to the oral health of children from birth through infancy and adolescence, emphasizing in the promotion of dental health and early diagnosis, offering as well to the parents educational resources to prevent desease in first stages.
Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry, University Barcelona, Spain 2013-2014.
Master dentistry practice in Clinical Dentistry; behavioral management of healthy and uncooperative children using conscious sedation and nitrox oxide.
Hospital residence- a year, in one of the leading medical centers in Europe for childhood and adolescence. Saint Joan de Deu’ s Hospital, Barcelona, 2014-2015. Behavioral management of children with systemic diseases and behavioral problems; conscious sedation, and general anesthesia.
- Oontopediatrics Dentistry, Certificate, Madrid, Spain 2015
- Doctor Dental Surgery, Universidad Latina de Costa Rica 2007-2012
- Member of Costa Rica College of Dentists since 2012
Dr. Tatiana Madrigal – Periodontist
Colina Dental team member since 2003
Specialist in Periodontics, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México, 1998.
Master in Science, U.A.N.L. México 1998.
- Professor and Head Chairwoman: Universidad Latina 1999 – 2005
- Training Course in Oral Implantology 2010
- Professor of Periodontics at Universidad Latina de Costa Rica.
- Doctor in dental surgery, Universidad de Costa Rica. 1993.
- Member of Colegio Cirujano Dentistas.
- Recognized by Costa Rican Board of Dentistry.
- Member of ICOI (International Congress of Oral implantologist)
Ana Balbina Alfaro – International Patient Care Coordinator
- Specialist in Customer Care
- International Patient Advisor and Office Manager
- Over 10 years of experience in the insurance industry working for major global firms
- Graduated in Business Administration from the Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica
- Fully bilingual (Spanish & English)
Dr. Claire Arnould – Dental Surgeon
Colina Dental team member since 2011
In 2010, Dr. Arnould graduated as an Odontologist at the University of Lille 2 in France and completed the Orthodontics and Dental-Facial Orthopedic Diploma in Paris.
While practicing in France, she focused mainly on the surgical and prosthetic part. She dedicated her free time to assist maxillofacial surgeons recognized in 3 cities of France in orthognathic surgeries or oral cancer surgeries.
Upon her arrival in Costa Rica, she joined the Colina Dental team in December 2011, where she reinforced her passion for dental aesthetics, which she takes pleasure in developing thanks to the technology and dental laboratory offered by the clinic.
Her warm and professional treatment comforts her patients, gives them security and motivates them to maintain their oral health over time.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Lille, France. 2004-2010.
- Title recognized and equated by the University of Costa Rica. 2013
- Diploma in Orthodontics and Dento-Facial Orthopedics, Paris, France. 2009-2011.
- Member of the College of Dental Surgeons of France.
- Member of the College of Dental Surgeons of Costa Rica.
- Trilingual: French, Spanish, English.
- March 2019: CPR training endorsed by the AHA
Dr. ANA GRACIELA VARELA VALVERDE
- Universidad Intercontinental, Ciudad de México. Maestría en Ortodoncia, 2015-2017. Graduación con mención de honor.
- Miembro de la Asociación Americana de Ortodoncia
- Universidad Latina. Sede San Pedro. Licenciatura en Odontología. 2013.
- Curso de “Rehabilitación y estética funcional”. Academia DaVincis Dental Centre, Dr. Delfín Barquero 2014.
- Colegio Saint Francis. Bachillerato en Educación Media. San José. 2007