Colina Dental Professionals
When you choose Colina Dental, you’ll receive more than just exceptional dental care at truly affordable prices. You’ll receive our Colina Concierge Service and our assurance of personalized, attentive care throughout your visit to our Costa Rica offices.
A company is defined by the quality of its people. At Colina Dental, we are proud of our diverse team of experienced dental professionals, dentists and doctors that have made Colina Dental a recognized leader in Costa Rica dental care and global dental tourism for more than 40 years.
Dr. Maricarmen Gutierrez –
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Esthetic Dentistry: Brazilian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (ABOE): 2004
Dr. Oscar Conejo –
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Doctor of Dental Surgery. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (1976)
Dr. John Gillen –
Colina Dental team member since 2013
Specialist in Prosthodontics, Universidad de Chile.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery. Universidad Latina de Costa Rica 2000-2005.
- Specialist in Oral Rehabilitation (Prostodontics). Universidad de Chile 2010-2012.
- Professional Training in Implant Surgery. Universidad de Chile 2012.
- Professional Training in Contemporary and Aesthetic Dentistry. University of Minnesota 2008.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Fixed Prosthodontics. Universidad de Chile 2011.
- Professional Training in Cerec (CAD CAM) Technology.
- Multidisciplinary Approach For Implant Patients Harvard School of Dental Medicine -2016
Dr. Mauricio A. Clare Castro –
Since the beginning of his dental training, Dr. Clare’s passion has been to help restore or create fantastic smiles for his patients.
This passion has led him to specialize in implants and complex restorations allowing him to resolve dental issues both big and small, all with incredible results.
Dr. Clare is an active member in good standing of both the Costa Rican College of Dental Surgeons and the Colombian Prostodontics Association and has been published numerous times on topics relating to implantology and complex restorations.
Dr. Tatiana Madrigal –
Colina Dental team member since 2003
Specialist in Periodontics, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México, 1998.
Master in Science, U.A.N.L. México 1998.
- Professor and Head Chairwoman: Universidad Latina 1999 – 2005
- Training Course in Oral Implantology 2010
- Professor of Periodontics at Universidad Latina de Costa Rica.
- Doctor in dental surgery, Universidad de Costa Rica. 1993.
- Member of Colegio Cirujano Dentistas.
- Recognized by Costa Rican Board of Dentistry.
- Member of ICOI (International Congress of Oral implantologist
Dr. Rebeca Phillips –
General Dentistry and Oral Surgery
With 8 years of experience in General Dentistry and Oral Surgery, Dr. Phillips became a part of Colina Dental team.
- M.B.A / Management Universidad Hispanoamericana, Costa Rica 2015-2017
- Licentiate / Dentistry Universidad Latina de Costa Rica 2008- 2012 .
- Member of Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas since 2013
- Oral Surgery Internship Universidad de Costa Rica 2014
- Mini residence in Oral Implantology (Implant Direct) Costa Rica 2017
Dr. Mauricio Fonseca Diaz
Post Graduate Studies
Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina, Buenos Aires (March 2010 – December 2013)
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Specialization Program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Traumatology
- Residency Program
- Chief Resident (2013)
Dr. Claire Arnould
Colina Dental team member since 2011
Doctor of Dental Surgery, University of Lille, France. 2004-2010.
- Title recognized and equated by the University of Costa Rica. 2013
- Diploma in Orthodontics and Dento-Facial Orthopedics, Paris, France. 2009-2011.
- Member of the College of Dental Surgeons of France.
- Member of the College of Dental Surgeons of Costa Rica.
- Trilingual: French, Spanish, English.
Dr. Ana Graciela Varela Valverde
Intercontinental University, Mexico City. Master of Orthodontics, 2015-2017. Graduation with honorable mention. Member of the American Orthodontic Association Latin University. San Pedro Headquarters. Bachelor of Dentistry. 2013.
- Course on “Rehabilitation and functional aesthetics”. Academia DaVincis Dental Center, Dr. Delfín Barquero 2014.
- Saint Francis College. Bachelor of Secondary Education. Saint Joseph. 2007
Dr. Gabriela Oviedo – Pediatric Dentistry
- General Dentistry, Universidad Latina
- Internship – Pediatric Dentistry. Universidad Andres Bello de Chile
- Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry – Pontificia Universidad Javeriana de Colombia
Dr. Julián Conejo Gutiérrez – Prosthodontist
Dr. Julian Conejo was part of the Colina Dental team from 2009 to 2015.
He is currently the president of the department of Digital Dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania.
We count with his collaboration at all times in terms of training, digital technology and everything related to the latest advances in modern dentistry.
He is also the Director of Colina’s Laboratory, Perlas de Porcelana.