Colina Dental Professionals
When you choose Colina Dental, you’ll receive more than just exceptional dental care at truly affordable prices. You’ll receive our Colina Concierge Service and our assurance of personalized, attentive care throughout your visit to our Costa Rica offices.
A company is defined by the quality of its people. At Colina Dental, we are proud of our diverse team of experienced dental professionals, dentists and doctors that have made Colina Dental a recognized leader in Costa Rica dental care and global dental tourism for more than 40 years.
Dr. Maricarmen Gutierrez –
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Esthetic Dentistry: Brazilian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (ABOE): 2004
Oral Implant Rehabilitation: Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología de Costa Rica: 2006
- Member of Costa Rica College of Dentists since 1980
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry: 2006
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists- Emphasis- Prosthodontics. Doctor of Dental Surgery- Universidad de Guadalajara, México- 1975
- Creator & Founder of Dental Hygienist and Dental Assistants
- Program at ULACIT
- Leader in the local community.
- Frequents the gym and loves swimming.
Dr. Oscar Conejo –
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Doctor of Dental Surgery. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (1976)
Daily practice in restorative Endodontics and preventive dentistry.
Member of the College of Dentists of Costa Rica since 1980.
- ENDODONTICS Advanced Course. ULACIT 2011.
- MICROSCOPIC ENDODONTICS Course. 2007.
- Refresher Course in Endodontics. Veritas University 2004.
- NATIONAL SENIOR TENNIS CHAMPION 2012
- Competitor Senior World Tennis Tournament (2009 – 2012)
- National Tennis Champion (Category A) 1980
Dr. John Gillen –
Colina Dental team member since 2013
Specialist in Prosthodontics, Universidad de Chile.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery. Universidad Latina de Costa Rica 2000-2005.
- Specialist in Oral Rehabilitation (Prostodontics). Universidad de Chile 2010-2012.
- Professional Training in Implant Surgery. Universidad de Chile 2012.
- Professional Training in Contemporary and Aesthetic Dentistry. University of Minnesota 2008.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Fixed Prosthodontics. Universidad de Chile 2011.
- Professional Training in Cerec (CAD CAM) Technology.
- Multidisciplinary Approach For Implant Patients Harvard School of Dental Medicine -2016
Dr. Mauricio A. Clare Castro –
Since the beginning of his dental training, Dr. Clare’s passion has been to help restore or create fantastic smiles for his patients.
This passion has led him to specialize in implants and complex restorations allowing him to resolve dental issues both big and small, all with incredible results.
Dr. Clare is an active member in good standing of both the Costa Rican College of Dental Surgeons and the Colombian Prostodontics Association and has been published numerous times on topics relating to implantology and complex restorations.
Dr. Tatiana Madrigal –
Colina Dental team member since 2003
Specialist in Periodontics, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México, 1998.
Master in Science, U.A.N.L. México 1998.
- Professor and Head Chairwoman: Universidad Latina 1999 – 2005
- Training Course in Oral Implantology 2010
- Professor of Periodontics at Universidad Latina de Costa Rica.
- Doctor in dental surgery, Universidad de Costa Rica. 1993.
- Member of Colegio Cirujano Dentistas.
- Recognized by Costa Rican Board of Dentistry.
- Member of ICOI (International Congress of Oral implantologist
Dr. Rebeca Phillips –
General Dentistry and Oral Surgery
With 8 years of experience in General Dentistry and Oral Surgery, Dr. Phillips became a part of Colina Dental team.
- M.B.A / Management Universidad Hispanoamericana, Costa Rica 2015-2017
- Licentiate / Dentistry Universidad Latina de Costa Rica 2008- 2012 .
- Member of Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas since 2013
- Oral Surgery Internship Universidad de Costa Rica 2014
- Mini residence in Oral Implantology (Implant Direct) Costa Rica 2017
Dr. Mauricio Fonseca Diaz
Post Graduate Studies
Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina, Buenos Aires (March 2010 – December 2013)
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Specialization Program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Traumatology
- Residency Program
- Chief Resident (2013)
Dr. Gabriela Oviedo – Pediatric Dentistry
- General Dentistry, Universidad Latina
- Internship – Pediatric Dentistry. Universidad Andres Bello de Chile
- Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry – Pontificia Universidad Javeriana de Colombia
Dr. Ana Graciela Varela Valverde
Intercontinental University, Mexico City. Master of Orthodontics, 2015-2017. Graduation with honorable mention. Member of the American Orthodontic Association Latin University. San Pedro Headquarters. Bachelor of Dentistry. 2013.
- Course on “Rehabilitation and functional aesthetics”. Academia DaVincis Dental Center, Dr. Delfín Barquero 2014.
- Saint Francis College. Bachelor of Secondary Education. Saint Joseph. 2007
Dr. Julián Conejo Gutiérrez – Prosthodontist
Even the most beautiful smile can appear worn and faded by the years.
Colina Dental is fortunate to have Dr. Julian Conejo, a leading, globally recognized prosthodontist specializing in the replacement of missing teeth and the restoration of damaged or worn natural teeth.
Patients from around the world travel to Colina Dental in Costa Rica to receive treatment from Dr. Conejo. Fluent in Spanish, English and German languages, Dr. Conejo is a favorite among international patients seeking a truly natural smile.