Colina Dental Professionals
When you choose Colina Dental, you’ll receive more than just exceptional dental care at truly affordable prices. You’ll receive our Colina Concierge Service and our assurance of personalized, attentive care throughout your visit to our Costa Rica offices.
A company is defined by the quality of its people. At Colina Dental, we are proud of our diverse team of experienced dental professionals, dentists and doctors that have made Colina Dental a recognized leader in Costa Rica dental care and global dental tourism for more than 35 years.
Dr. Julian Conejo Gutierrez – Prosthodontist
Even the most beautiful smile can appear worn and faded by the years.
Colina Dental is fortunate to have Dr. Julian Conejo, a leading, globally recognized prosthodontist specializing in the replacement of missing teeth and the restoration of damaged or worn natural teeth.
Patients from around the world travel to Colina Dental in Costa Rica to receive treatment from Dr. Conejo. Fluent in Spanish, English and German languages, Dr. Conejo is a favorite among international patients seeking a truly natural smile.View Complete Bio
Dr. Oscar Conejo – Endodontics
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Doctor of Dental Surgery. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (1976)
Daily practice in restorative Endodontics and preventive dentistry.
Member of the College of Dentists of Costa Rica since 1980.
- ENDODONTICS Advanced Course. ULACIT 2011.
- MICROSCOPIC ENDODONTICS Course. 2007.
- Refresher Course in Endodontics. Veritas University 2004.
- NATIONAL SENIOR TENNIS CHAMPION 2012
- Competitor Senior World Tennis Tournament (2009 – 2012)
- National Tennis Champion (Category A) 1980
Dr. Maricarmen Gutierrez – Cosmetic Dentistry
Founder of Colina Dental (1979)
Esthetic Dentistry: Brazilian Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (ABOE): 2004
Oral Implant Rehabilitation: Universidad Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología de Costa Rica: 2006
- Member of Costa Rica College of Dentists since 1980
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry: 2006
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists- Emphasis- Prosthodontics. Doctor of Dental Surgery- Universidad de Guadalajara, México- 1975
- Creator & Founder of Dental Hygienist and Dental Assistants
Program at ULACIT
- Leader in the local community.
- Frequents the gym and loves swimming.
Dr. Mauricio A. Clare Castro – Prosthodontist
Since the beginning of his dental training, Dr. Clare’s passion has been to help restore or create fantastic smiles for his patients.
This passion has led him to specialize in implants and complex restorations allowing him to resolve dental issues both big and small, all with incredible results.
Dr. Clare is an active member in good standing of both the Costa Rican College of Dental Surgeons and the Colombian Prostodontics Association and has been published numerous times on topics relating to implantology and complex restorations.
Dr. Alejandra Brenes – Pediatric Dentistry
Colina Dental team member since 2010
Specialist in Pediatric Dentistry, University of Costa Rica, 2009
Doctor in Dental Surgery, University of Costa Rica, 2004
Master of Interdisciplinary Disability Studies (in process)
- Member of the Costarrican Pediatric Dental Academy
- Member of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR)
- Clinic Instructor, Department of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics and Department of Community and
Preventive Dentistry, University of Costa Rica.
- Member of the Comission for Attention, Promotion and Protection of Dental Health. Propuesta de Política Pública, Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas de Costa Rica, 2011
- Member of the National Policy Commission for Care, Protection and Promotion of Oral Health, Public Policy Proposal, Colegio de Cirujanos Dentistas of Costa Rica 2011
Dr. Tatiana Madrigal – Periodontist
Colina Dental team member since 2003
Specialist in Periodontics, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, México, 1998.
Master in Science, U.A.N.L. México 1998.
- Professor and Head Chairwoman: Universidad Latina 1999 – 2005
- Training Course in Oral Implantology 2010
- Professor of Periodontics at Universidad Latina de Costa Rica.
- Doctor in dental surgery, Universidad de Costa Rica. 1993.
- Member of Colegio Cirujano Dentistas.
- Recognized by Costa Rican Board of Dentistry.
- Member of ICOI (International Congress of Oral implantologist)
Ana Balbina Alfaro – International Patient Care Coordinator
- Specialist in Customer Care
- International Patient Advisor and Office Manager
- Over 10 years of experience in the insurance industry working for major global firms
- Graduated in Business Administration from the Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica
- Fully bilingual (Spanish & English)